Good early morning, everyone! I hope you are all having great weekends (how about that definitely beautiful weather condition we had the other day!?). It’s Jessica here with your brand-new edition of theAustin Daily As normal, we’ll cover crucial regional news and neighborhood
Settle in with your coffee while we cover:
- Layoffs and working with freezes are sweeping through the Austin tech sector.
- Find out which regional area has actually been called the very best dive bar inTexas
- Restaurant closure, working with statements, and some terrific regional occasions ⬇
But initially, today’s weather condition:
Plenty of sun. High: 85 Low: 69.
I’m searching for entrepreneur and online marketers in Austin who wish to construct awareness, get in touch with clients and increase sales.
I have a restricted variety of sponsorships offered to present our Austin Daily readers to regional services they require to learn about. If that’s you, then I welcome you to get more information and secure your spot now.
Here are the leading stories today in Austin:
1) Reminder for the moms and dads: Class will not be in session at Austin ISD on Election Day, Tuesday,Nov 8. For the very first time ever, the school district has actually decided to make it a trainee vacation. KUT reports: “Austin ISD authorities stated the vacation is advantageous for numerous factors. First, it assists address school security issues since the 21 schools acting as ballot websites will be open to the general public. Second, it offers qualified personnel and trainees more opportunities to cast a tally in the November election.” So, strategy child care appropriately, and do not forget to vote!KUT has the full scoop on this decision
2) Daylight Saving Time formally concerns an end, TODAY. Sunday,Nov 6, 2022, at 2 a.m. marks completion of Daylight Saving Time, so if your clocks, gadgets, and cooking area home appliances did not upgrade by themselves, make sure to turn them back one hour.The Statesman has more on the impact Daylight Saving Time has on our bodies and its history – check it out
3) Layoffs and working with freezes are cascading throughout the Austin location. Meta (Facebook’s moms and dad business), Apple, Amazon, and other little tech business have actually revealed that they’re downsizing their labor force.KXAN has more on the potential impact on our local economy and how employees can educate themselves on their rights
4) The cherished Skylark Lounge has actually been called the very best dive bar inTexas For much of us, that enjoy live music and have actually resided in the Austin location for a long time, Skylark Lounge has actually been the go-to location to get a cold brew and hear a few of the very best regional and nationwide blues acts. Head over to KXAN to learn more.
Today in Austin:
- Austin Food And Wine Festival (Day 2) atAuditorium Shores (12 p.m.)
- Broadway In Austin Presents: Chicago atBass Concert Hall (1 p.m. & 7 p.m.)
- Modern Times Lecture Series: From Cotulla to Capital City: O. Henry in the 1880s at the 2:30 p.m.) (
- THE DROP Presents: MOBLEY In-Store Performance & & Record Signing at Waterloo Records.( 3 p.m.)
- The 15th Annual Gram Parsons Birthday Hoot benefiting Austin Pets Alive atMetcalf BARBEQUE atGraceland (4 p.m.)
- Two-Step Workshop! Community- Led Move Swap at Sagebrush &. (5 p.m.)
- Step Afrika! atThe Paramount Theatre (6 p.m. )
- Soul Sundays with Soul Man Sam &The SMS Band at Skylark Lounge.(8 p.m.)
- The 29th Annual CultureMap Austin‘s has actually revealed they’re closing their is next weekend.”On November 12, the Travis County Expo Center will host a significant event for native (* ), tourists in the understand, and anybody who wishes to improve familiarized with the culture.”( Austinites)(* )(* )closing:
- dining establishment with today being their last complete day of operation. Restaurant’s will keep its Gourdough truck at South Lamar 1503 Gourdough open for the foreseeable future. (Bouldin Creek)Eater Austin “ alert:
- your love of art with the future of Hiring! is seeking to fill numerous employment opportunities with our popular out-of-school youth arts programs.” (Share)Austin from our sponsors– thanks for supporting regional news!Dougherty Arts Center services: Austin Parks & Rec via Facebook:
Featured for following along and remaining notified!
Events be back in your inbox tomorrow with another upgrade.
Thanks me: I’ll mores than happy to call
her house for the previous 10+ years. Jessica Collins
About likes the outdoors, arts & & movie theater, dining, and all of the natural charm that Jessica needs to provide.Austin a news pointer or idea for an approaching She? Central Texas me at