It’s time to commemorate. After a more than 2 year break, The Perfect 10 Gala, including 10 leading Houston chefs, 5 sommeliers and 5 bartenders– plus a well-known dessert chef and regional coffee roaster– returns on January 17 This time, Brennan’s of Houston at 3300 Smith is hosting. We are commemorating this unique event by welcoming a few of its best-loved alums– chefs and sommeliers– to return for one night. Other leading hospitality experts from Greater Houston location are joining them. With a lot amazing skill, The Perfect 10 Gala will be among the city’s leading cooking occasions of the year!
The occasion begins at 5:30 p.m. with a special VIP and Sponsor mixed drink hour, including chefs Hugo Ortega, David Skinner, Niki Vongthong, Alex Au-Yeung and Benchawan Painter Then, beginning at 7 p.m., all participants will delight in a seated, six-course supper developed byAustin Simmons, Mark Holley, Chris Roy, Paul Peddle, Vanarin Kuch, and the Brennan’sChef Team Each chef is teamed with a bartender or sommelier who’s been challenged with developing the ideal beverage pairing for each meal. (For more information see listed below.)
Event sponsors consist of Katine Nechman McLaurin Murphy, David Toy Law Firm, William Price Distilling, DR Delicacy andSysco Foods (Some VIP business sponsorships with accompanying advantages, such as table tickets, are still offered; email for details.)
Also ensure to go to Brennan’s Wine Room throughout the occasion for a quiet auction that advantages Second Servings of Houston, the city’s just ready and disposable food rescue company that feeds over 175,000 Houstonians in requirement each year. All follows the auction go to the charity. Auction products consist of hotel stay bundles, fashion jewelry and signed antiques (Want to contribute a product to the quiet auction? Email us.)
Mardi Gras season will be well in progress by the time of the gala, so do not hesitate to use your finest joyful clothing. Brennan’s will be all set with the masks and beads!
VIP tickets for mixed drink hour and seated supper are $245 plus tax and gratuity. General admission tickets for simply the seated supper part are $185 plus tax and gratuity. Click here to purchase tickets; we anticipate this distinctive occasion to offer out. Proceeds from gala ticket sales assistance Houston Food Finder, an independent, woman-owned, online publication that’s covered the regional food and drink scene because November 2016.
Cocktail Hour at The Perfect 10 Gala
The included chefs, beverage experts and meals throughout mixed drink hour are:
- Chef, owner and James Beard Award- winner Hugo Ortega, H Town Restaurant Group (Hugo’s, Xochi, Caracol and Backstreet Cafe): Molote deCabrito Wine pairing by “Wine Guy” Rich Carter, Brennan’s of Houston.
- Chef and owner David Skinner, eculent: Shrimp andCorn Butter Cocktail by Chris Morris, Beverage Director, Kau Ba Saigon and Aya Sushi.
- Executive Chef Niki Vongthong, Hidden Omakase: Scallop Crudo with Italian Radish andPomegranate Cocktail pairing by Bar Manager Thomas Cordes of Brennan’s of Houston.
- Chef, owner and James Beard Award- semifinalist Alex Au-Yeung, Phat Eatery: Caviar and Truffle Pork Dumpling (including DR Delicacy premium caviar and truffles). Wine pairing by Associate Executive Wine Buyer Marcus Gausepohl of Houston Wine Merchant, previously Brennan’s of Houston “Wine Guy”.
- Chef and owner Benchawan Painter, Street To Kitchen: Tiger Cry Steak withPumpkin Three Ways Cocktail pairing by Taylor Morris, William Price Distilling.
Seated Dinner at The Perfect 10 Gala
- Bread Service by owner Jeff Weinstock, Cake & Bacon
- Executive chef Austin Simmons, TRIS: Ahi Tuna Sashimi with orange supremes, daikon radish, serrano and ponzu dashi. Wine pairing by Iron Sommelier- winner Adele Corrigan, basic supervisor of 13 celsius.
- Chef and owner Chris Roy, Winnie’s: Muffaletta-Stuffed Tortellini in a Parmesan Rind andHam Brodo Wine pairing by Felix Florez, owner of Falcon Creek Farms and Cherry Block Craft Butcher and Texas Market and previous Brennan’s of Houston “Wine Guy”.
- Executive chef Paul Peddle, Four Seasons Houston: Buttermilk-Fried Pork Belly with marinaded okra, garlic aioli and Crystal Hot Sauce beurre blanc. Cocktail pairing by Johnathan Jones, Beverage Manager, Four Seasons Houston.
- Executive chef Mark Holley of Davis Street at Hermann Park and Alife Hospitality, and previous Brennan’s of Houston chef de food: Blackened Grouper with Carolina gold rice, girl creamer peas, kimchi collards and ham hock pot alcohol. Wine pairing by James Koonce, chef and owner, My Place Catering and previous Brennan’s of Houston “Wine Guy” and Sous Chef.
- The Brennan’s of Houston Chef Team– Carl Walker, John Salazar and Jos é Arevalo: Bourbon-Lacquered Hill Country Quail with Crawfish Boudin Stuffing, sunny-side-up quail egg, wilted greens, sweet potatoes and bourbon glaze. Cocktail pairing by Andy Charlton, Bar Manager, Rhapsody Bar at Lyric Market.
- Dessert by Pastry Chef, Owner and Top Chef: Just Desserts rival Vanarin Kuch of Koffeteria, accompanied by in your area roasted Boomtown Coffee.
We intend to see you at this unique event of a few of Houston’s finest and brightest skill at one of the city’s most stylish and well-regarded places.