We are all guilty of “mispronouncing” some areas in our yard, however here in the Bay State, it is a typical aspect that individuals who are not acquainted with our area, will end up discussing some cities or towns that are not properly recognizable (unless you hail any areas that will be pointed out in this post). So, without additional ado, let’s dive into this topic at hand. If you are questioning if any Berkshire county towns remain in this study, the response is NO. We are off the hook on this specific survey:
1) WORCESTER: Many individuals make the error of including the very first R in the pronunciation of Massachusetts second biggest city. The appropriate method is “Wooster”. If you are a real scholar or from the area it is traditional to state “Wuh- staaaa”.
2) CHICOPEE: The closest place to the stunning Berkshires parallel on this list lies in surrounding Hampden county, simply off theMassachusetts Turnpike Are you amazed? The population of over 5,500 anticipate you to state it properly: Chick- uh-pee. Leave the long O out and you’ll be excellent to go.
3) LEICESTER: Located on path 9 west of “Wuh- staaaa”. It resembles the name Lester as the I can include some confusion to properly discuss this hamlet of about 11 thousand individuals. Just consider the NBC Nightly News anchor’s given name and you stay in business.
4) GLOUCESTER: The popular seaport city simply beyond Bahs- tahn is a tough one for out-of-towners. They merely call it Glou- ster nevertheless the appropriate pronunciation that will please coastline locals is Glos- stir. This location takes pleasure in an active round of tourist that includes ALL 4 seasons and is an ensured location area in The Bay State.
5) LEOMINSTER: A tongue tester for sure. Everybody associated the pronunciation as Leo- minster. Insert incorrect response buzzer here. Another place in Wuh- staaaa county, the appropriate method to discuss this location is to consider a lemon and you’ll be a real scholar. The appropriate action is “Lemon- ster”
BOTTOM LINE: Make sure you have a glossary or dictionary offered with you and with a little assistance on this post, whatever will be A-OK. Remember, practice makes ideal.
(Some info acquired in this post, thanks to www.Masslive com)
See the Must-Drive Roads in Every State